Thursday, September 20, 2012

I've been away for a long time..at least as far as blogging goes. It's not easy to sell books; so, sometimes we throw out the baby with the bath water. But I'm back. My toons are being featured in Divorce Magazine on line, and I hope that people begin talking about Flying Solo again. I'm wondering if people want to use this forum as a way to chat about what's happening to them in their lives. Are you going through a separation, a divorce, have you lost a loved one. The other day a friend of mine told me on the phone that she is going through a separation. She told me in such a non chalant way that I figured she was fine about it. When we saw each other in person, it was a whole different story. I've been divorced now for many years and I had quite a different kind of situation than most; having lived with my ex for 7 years. So, I forgot, or rather didn't really know what a real live divorce felt like. The look in my friend's eyes and the tears filling up in them, I suddenly felt a punch in my stomach. I knew what she must be going through. The loss, the loneliness, the fear. I told her, 'You know, there is life after divorce'. So, I tell you all that too. Write to me with your comments and questions. I have a lot of supporters who can lend their expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment