Saturday, January 30, 2010

Second post

I'll eventually stop counting my posts...The Ottawa Citizen interviewed me this week for a story. The interviewer recognized that my cartoons were depicted very fairly between both men and women. It used to be that women got the raw end of the deal in divorce...men often leaving them pennyless. It got so bad that the judicial system has now swung the complete opposite way, and it is now often the men who sit in basement apartments, paying child support to women who live with their new partners in nice homes and many together with their new partners make all the decisions about the children. The custody agreements are enforced to a T by the new happy couple, leaving the Dad no option to even keep his child for an extra half hour on his 'access'. It's because of these stereotypes, and the unfair portrayal of men and women after divorce that I make sure my cartoons are drawn fairly for both sides!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the article Rebecca, it was fabulous! Congratulations, nice coverage. Hope you had a great time celebrating YSB's birthday, cheers from here, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Thanks so much - As soon as I learn how, I will post my cartoons for everyone's enjoyment. Many thanks, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete